Rosemont, Illinois Hotel near Chicago
Business and leisure travelers will not have to travel far when they’re guests at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare. Our Rosemont, Illinois hotel is located directly across the street from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. A wealth of dining and entertainment options is also within walking distance while O’Hare International Airport is only a mere one-and-a-half miles away. Downtown Chicago, shopping malls and family-friendly attractions are all within 15 miles from our upscale, full-service hotel.
O'Hare Airport. Chicago O'Hare Airport (ORD) is one of America's best-connected airports and is the second busiest airport in both the United States and the world. Growing air service to the Chicago market is a top priority for the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA). About 50 passenger carriers operate at O’Hare, providing nonstop service to 200 destinations around the world. O’Hare is a major hub for both United Airlines and American Airlines, making it the only “true” dual hub airport in the nation.
Currently, construction on the newest runway at O’Hare is nearing completion. Runway 10C/28C will be commissioned on October 2013. Runway 10C/28C will further reduce delays, increase capacity and give O’Hare a competitive edge by accommodating the next generation of large aircraft, including the Boeing 747-8 and the Airbus 380.
Airport Shuttles - The Crowne Plaza O'Hare provides a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle to and from O’Hare International Airport 24 hours a day leaving the hotel every 30 minutes on the hour. Crowne Plaza’s pickup location for domestic travelers in O'Hare is at Door 2 of the Shuttle Bus Center. International travelers please use the courtesy phones in the baggage area to contact the hotel to schedule a pick-up.
Airport Transit System - The ATS is a free rail system operating 24 hours between the domestic terminals, the international terminal, long-term parking, the Metra station and PACE stop.
Regional Bus Information - The Bus/Shuttle Center is located on the ground level for pickup of regional and hotel courtesy buses, airport rental car agencies and parking shuttles.
Rental Cars - Rental car agencies can be found near the baggage claim areas of Terminals 1, 2, and 3 on the airport’s lower level.
Taxi Cabs - Shared ride service is available and taxicabs can be located on a first come, first serve basis at the lower level curb front of all terminals.
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. The Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, located just across the street from our hotel is one of the largest exhibit halls in the nation, offering a total of 840,000 square feet of flexible exhibition space. The convention center features six event halls and space for up to 3,566 booths. Stay at our hotel and enjoy easy access to the Convention Center.
Learn more about the Facilities & Upcoming Events.
The Park at Rosemont is a new development that will feature lively bars and restaurants with live music, casual dining, bowling, and outdoor patios. A seasonal courtyard will be in the center of it all perfect for farmers markets, movies under the stars & ice skating. Located in the heart of the entertainment district.
Area Shopping. Located just across the street from Fashion Outlets of Chicago. The new two-level, 530,000 sq. ft. premium outlet mall includes Bloomingdale’s The Outlet Store, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th and Forever 21. The Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare is also short drive to the Oakbrook Center, Woodfield Shopping Mall, Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue), and Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall.
Rosemont, Illinois Attractions
- Donald E. Stephens Convention Center - Steps away
- Rosemont Theatre - Steps away
- Muvico Movie Theatre - 1 block
- Park at Rosemont - 1 block
- Rivers Casino - 1 mile
- Allstate Arena - 5 miles
- Woodfield Shopping Mall - 11.5 miles
- Oakbrook Center - 12 miles
- Arlington Park Racetrack - 14 miles
- United Center - 15 miles
- Yorktown Shopping Center/Premium Cinema - 15.5 miles
- Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue Shopping) - 16 miles
- Navy Pier Chicago - 16 miles
- Brookfield Zoo - 16.5 miles
- Willis Tower - 17 miles
- Field Museum of Natural History - 18 miles
- John G. Shedd Aquarium - 18 miles
- McCormick Place - 20 miles
- Six Flags Great America - 30 miles
- Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall - 33 miles
- The El (Elevated Train) - 2 blocks
- Schaumburg Convention Center - 13 miles
- Wrigley Field - 20 miles
- Soldier Field - 18 miles
- Sears Center - 15 miles
- Millennium Park - 15 miles [Top]
- Schaumburg - 10 miles
- Oak Brook - 12 miles
- Chicago - 15 miles [Top]
For step by step driving directions from your location to our hotel Click here
From O’Hare Airport. Head East on I-190, for 2 miles to River Road. Turn right on River Road and proceed down to 5440 N. River Road, directly across from the convention center.
- From the East (Chicago). Take I90 West to 190 (O’Hare exit) continue 15 miles to River Road exit. Turn right on River Road and proceed to 5440 N. River Road directly across from the convention center.
- From the West (Rockford). Take I90 East to Chicago. Exit on Cumberland Road North. Go right on Cumberland, 2 blocks to 1st light (Higgins/Rt.72). Go left on Higgins and proceed 1 mile to River Road. Go left on River Road and proceed to 5440 N. River Road directly across from the Convention Center.
- From the South (Indiana). Take 294 North (Wisconsin) and follow signs to 190 (O’Hare exit). Take 190 to River Road (1st light). Go right on River Road and proceed to 5440 N. River Road directly across from the Convention Center.
- From the North (Wisconsin). Take 294 South to 190 East, follow signs to O’Hare. Pay at toll. Stay in the right lane. Exit Mannheim Road South. Get back on the highway and follow signs to Chicago. Exit River Road South. Turn Right. Hotel is on the right side, approximately 2 blocks down. [Top]